THE CHRISTMAS TAG | BLOGMAS DAY 4


Who doesn't love a good Christmas tag. These are always one of my favourite things to read this time of year and I think it's a great way to get to know the blogger behind the screen!
What is your favourite Christmas film?
Hands down its Miracle on 34th Street BUT if you want to know my top 10 then read my previous post here, and to find out why read this!

Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes. And it's truly one of my favourite Christmas memories. One year we were driving down to Wales to spend the holidays with some family, and just like a scene out of a movie Chris Rea's "Driving Home For Christmas" came on the radio, the traffic came to a halt, and the hauntingly beautiful nighttime motorway became glittered with falling snow. 

Where do you usually spend your Christmas?
Christmas Day was usually spent at my Mum's & occasionally we'd drop into families in the evening, or vice versa. Boxing Day is usually spent with my Dad and seeing the numerous members of family on that side, normally ending with dinner at my Nan's. Nowadays, me and Ryan are living away from both our parents and trying to build our own traditions. 

What is your favourite Christmas song?
Oooh this is a tough one! It's got to be either Rocking Around The Christmas Tree or I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday.

Can you name all of Father Christmas' reindeer? No cheating!
Hmm.. How many are there? I know there's a rhyme to it.. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer &
Vixen, Comet, (something else) Donner and Blitzen? And of course Rudolph. I think that's right!

The Tree: Real or Fake?
In an ideal world I'd have a fresh, real, forest green, heavily pine scented tree every year. But artificial is so much easier! It's still got to be green though.

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Yes, and it's a long standing family tradition I go into detail about in my first blogmas post. My family is scattered all around the UK but there's a few of us still in the South West. So when I lived at home, Christmas Eve usually entailed meeting at one of my Aunties house for mince pies and mulled wine (for the grown-ups) and then trekking to a Midnight Mass service at our local church I've written about why Christmas Eve, and those traditions are so important to me. It's a long post, but I think it's worth a read if you're interested to know why.

What tops your tree?
So, me & my mum have a long standing disagreement about the Angel that tops the family tree. I've included a picture below, I don't know if it's just me but I find her especially creepy. On my tree, it's a star.

Favourite Christmas treat? 
Oooh. So this is my first year as a Vegan, i'm not being harsh on myself if I mess up and it's still an at-home thing. So in my pre-vegan days I was a sucker for Cheeselets & to be totally honest I really miss them this year. BUT I have discovered a new love for Jamesons raspberry ruffles and a mince pie never hurt anyone! If anyone knows of any vegan-friendly alternatives to Jacobs Cheeselets PLEASE let me know!

Be honest, do you prefer giving or receiving gifts?
Giving! Obviously everyone loves receiving gifts, but nothing can beat that feeling of finding that perfect gift for someone special, and seeing their face light up when they open it. I make lists all year round of ideas for those in my life and I love scouring the internet and tiny markets for those perfect little presents.

The best Christmas gift you've ever recieved?
Oh wow! I don't know... One year I received a Baby Born set complete with a crib, pram and numerous outfits and I was ecstatic! I couldn't believe that little ol' me could be so lucky! Hands down that was one of my favourite presents as a child.

What is your dream place to visit for the festive season?
It's always been New York. And every day I pinch myself because I still can't believe i'll be there in 16 days! It still doesn't seem real. 

Most memorable Christmas moment?
I was seriously lucky growing up to have the best parents in the world, they always made sure that Christmas was magical. Every Christmas as a child my mum would line the hallways with glittered falling stars and snowy footprints leading from the garden. It always made it that much more magical.

Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
I've definitely gotten better over the years and now I look forward to having a huge present wrapping session, with a mulled wine by my side and Christmas music blasting!

What made you realise the truth about Father Christmas?
One of my friends in Primary school kindly shattered the illusion for me in about year 4, but I didn't let on to my parents until after my last Christmas in Primary school so that I could still enjoy a few more years of the magic. I know try my hardest to make sure my nieces & nephews believe in the magic of it all and don't spoil it for others.

Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I do! I usually make a few and I stick to at least one, but nowadays I've learnt I just need to focus on goals that will actually benefit me and make me happier in the long run.

What is your favourite part of Christmas?
All of it. The build up. The lights. The smells. The movies. The Christmas adverts. The FOOD! I'm completely in my element this time of year.

I tag each and every one of you reading this, in the hopes it'll make you feel festive and warm inside! And remember every day leading up to Christmas I'm posting something festive-themed! Be sure to check out my social media links below and follow me on bloglovin' so you dont miss a thing!
Merry Christmas!
XO


TWITTER
INSTAGRAM
SNAPCHAT - itsme_shenan
Follow

2 comments

  1. I wrote something similar to this two years ago but it never gets old! I love having a fresh Christmas tree every year, it just makes everything feel so festive :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post lovely! Definitely jealous that you've had a white Christmas, I might have done when I was little but I was so young I can't remember if it was on Christmas day.

    Ella xx
    www.inellaselement.co.uk

    ReplyDelete